Your privacy is important to us and we will do our absolute best to protect it for you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Speymalt Whisky Distributors Limited, of George House, Boroughbriggs Road, Elgin, Moray, Scotland, IV30 1JY.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
Use made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- if you order goods through our site, to provide to those goods and implement any contract concluded by you and us for that purpose;
- to ensure that our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or other access device;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- if you enter a competition, prize draw or similar contest, to administer the competition in accordance with the rules. If you win the competition we will publish your name and home town (but not your e-mail or full postal address) on the site; and
- to contact you about news, competitions, products or promotional offers we think you might be interested in. Please let us know you are happy for us to use your details this way by ticking the appropriate box on the form you provide your contact details on. If you'd rather we didn't do this, or if your details have changed, please contact us at the below address to let us know.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to enable us to provide you with access to specific areas of our site such as the Customer Area of our Trade Portal;
- to help us with our own internal research and analysis which lets us develop our products in the ways we think our customers will want;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, we may disclose your information to the prospective purchaser; or
- if we, Speymalt Whisky Distributors Limited, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, then your information will be disclosed to the new owner; or
- if we enter into a joint venture or merge with another business entity then we may disclose your information to our new business partners; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use http://gordonandmacphail.com/terms-conditions/ or to protect rights, property or safety of us, our customers, users of our site and others; or
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your information
Your are entitled to request access to the information held by us about you. Any access request made may be subject to a £10 fee to meet our costs. You are also entitled to ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that our information about you is accurate. If you wish to do this, please contact us at the below address. We may ask you to provide evidence confirming your identity before providing you with information.
Please send any questions and requests relating to our use of your information to The Data Controller, Gordon & MacPhail, Boroughbriggs Road, Elgin, Moray, Scotland, IV30 1JY or via email to email@example.com